Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting to Know You

Once again I have been given the opportunity to know who I am. Last Friday night I had an accident and fractured my R patella. Ouch you might be thinking and rightly so. Pain is one of my constant companions right now.
With a stiff upper lip I managed to get through the surgery on Saturday morning and then rested most of the day. I arrived home on Sunday evening and since that time I have been testing out pillows, positions, pain medications and various other methods to try and keep comfortable. I am thinking I need to round up a recliner for a few months. That would make getting up and down easier.
I will be on the search tomorrow on Craig's list.
Going up and down stairs is manageable but only once up at night for bed and once down in the morning for daily life. I am also able to sit at my desk and on the couch.
Today was day 4. I am glad it is time for bed. It was a long day.

3 comments:

tvmom said...

mom, so sorry i can't be there to help you! totally thinking of you and hope that you heal fast!

m2d said...

mom, i am so sorry. hey we have a really comfy newish recliner that we are not using. if there was only some way to get it to you? cmd love you.

Colleen Stutz said...

I just read what happened to you. I am so sorry. You don't need any more pain. Hope you will recover quickly. I wished I was close by to visit with you and bring you over a recliner. I will try to call you. Take care!