Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happiness is contagious!

Today I was seated on a plane from S. Cal to home and ended up sitting next to a very happy man from the Philipines. He sat in the middle seat right next to my window seat when plenty of other seats were available. I knew he must have had a reason for snuggling up next to me.
After one hour on the plane I realized that he needed a listening ear because he talked the entire plane trip. This was a pleasure because he was full of kindness, enthusiasm, positiveness and intelligence. He had a smile that did not stop.
I was blessed by his presence and felt like spreading his cheer the rest of the day. I loved how he talked of his blessings despite losing his wife to lung cancer two years ago. He also used the word Wow quite often and gave me a friendly nudge when he did so.
Thank goodness for good people. This was a great ending to a wonderful trip to see my new granddaughter Ayla Jean. She is a beauty and is going to have a wonderful life ahead of her with such attentive parents.
I was welcomed home to a blanket of snow on the ground, fresh flowers, a clean house, my Karli and Tommy.
It's good to be home!!!

No comments: