Monday, March 2, 2009

Here Comes the Sun Again!


 

Today I was greeted by blinding rays of sunshine as I opened my eyes. My husband selected Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles and hit repeat on the computer for a little background music while I was getting ready for the day.  By the time I made it to the computer I had thought of a few additional lyrics to add between the lines of George Harrison’s sweet twangy song.  (One of my personal favorites) 

 

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say it’s alright. (I say it’s incredible and give me more!)

Little darling, it’s been a long, cold lonely winter. (You can say that again)

Little darling, it feels like years since it’s been here. (It feels like the longest winter in my lifetime and it really is the longest winter in my lifetime.)

Here Comes the Sun here comes the sun and I say it’s alright. (Wall Street, Main Street, Your Street, we are resilient, we’ll be alright.)

 

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces. (It’s more like a huge grin and I’m looking for my sunglasses.)

Little darling, it seem like years since it’s been here. (Oh, he did say that again)

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say it’s alright. (Oh yeah, now I know why those folks in the sunny states have so much energy.)

Sun, sun, sun, here we come (5 times). (You could say that 787 billion times and I wouldn’t mind)

 

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting.  (That 2 foot icy glacier in my backyard is hanging around a little too long.)

Little darling, it seems like years since its been clear. (Yep and the mist is trying to cover up the warm rays already.)

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say it’s alright. (No controversy here.  We’ll be alright.)

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, it’s alright, it’s alright.   (I’m thinking lawn chair, a good book and sitting on the beach)

 

It’s amazing how a little sunshine and a good song can revitalize the human soul. The clouds roll in and so does reality.  I must get on with my day and wait a few more months to hit the sandy shores of Lake CDA. 

 

Thank you George Harrison for writing the perfect song for the long, cold lonely winter of 2008-2009. 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got sunshine today! So did we. We just went for a nice refreshing walk. I think it might be in the 60s?!! We're trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

Colleen Stutz said...

I love your lyrics. Spring is coming eventually to Idaho. It was good to talk to you today and catch up on the news.