Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Belated 31st Birthday Wishes to Joni and 56 to Tom


The day she was born I was preparing for Tom's birthday. I went to the mall to get a card for Tom, mowed the lawn, went to my Dr's appointment and then called Tom and said. "The Dr. says we are going to have our baby tonight." Joni was born on Tom's b-day. The best gift ever.

Joni was born on July 20, 1978 and she made us two happy parents. I remember on our way home from the hospital on the 21st we stopped off at Sears and bought a baby mattress for our crib. We carried it home on the roof of our car. Tom and I were holding on so that it wouldn't fly away.

Joni brought us plenty of joy along the way. My most favorite memory was riding my bike with Joni on the back in her yellow baby carrier. We travelled all over the neighborhood together.
The pictures are self explanatory. I cherish the photo of Joni with her great grandma Jones. This was taken at the SL airport when she was passing through in December of 1979. No security check needed in those days. Those were some good times. She made that little crocheted hat for Joni.

The photo of Tom and Joni camping was one of our very few camping experiences. We froze that night and spent most of the night in the car with the heater on. Looking back it was probably due to poor camping gear.

Brian picked out this photo of Joni wearing her Osh Kosh overalls. I believe they were a gift from Don and Jerry. She was sitting on our front porch for this photo.

Thanks for the great adventure Joni. You were a great first child and we love you. xoxoxoMom and Dad

No comments: