Saturday, October 3, 2009

President Boyd K. Packard


I just finished watching both sessions of the Saturday 179th General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to sit in my own home and watch the meetings on the internet. This is a milestone for us since we do not have cable or satellite TV.
In years past we have tried to listen or watch over the internet but it was very patchy and half the time the connection was buffering. That did not happen today and I was so pleased.
My favorite talk was from Boyd K. Packard ( the last one of the day). He gave a very strong talk about listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit that included many real life experiences.

3 comments:

Colleen Stutz said...

I agree that Pres. Packer's talk was excellent. We also watched conference on the internet but Brent hooked up the computer to the TV so it was like it was on TV.

Thunell Family said...

He gave such a touching talk...I especially loved the cow-healing part (and so did my kiddies). Glad you are enjoying conference! Thinking of you all!

m2d said...

mom, how are you doing? casi